February 12, 2010

Carnaval! (with kiddie pics!!!)

I'm go glad it's Friday. I had a snow day on Monday and even so the week felt extremely long. I feel super tired today.

Thankfully I'm sleeping better so I don't feel tired all the time and just at the end of the day. I managed to sleep better by going to bed crazy early and allowing myself time to relax until I fall asleep. Before I was getting to bed just in time to get the minimum amount of sleep I needed and it took me forever to fall asleep so I woke up feeling like I hadn't rested enough.

I do feel tired at the end of the day and my muscles hurt a little from all the walking but I think that's normal. I think my classes are more demanding this semester and I have more projects and things to work on. I think also the cold weather affects my mood a lot and I just don't have the same energy... it's so ugh, when I have to get up isn't even out. But maybe that's just me being soooo sick of winter and wanting the cold to go away and spring to get here already. I'm going out shopping with my mom tomorrow so hopefully that will help me relax a bit.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here are some pics of Robbie and Isa. In Venezuela every year we celebrate carnaval. Here's the definition from wikipedia:

festive season which occurs immediately before Lent; the main events are usually during February. Carnival typically involves a public celebration or parade combining some elements of a circus, masque and public street party. People often dress up or masquerade during the celebrations, which mark an overturning of daily life.


In Venezuela the kids dress up and usually have a party at school or go out with their parents (although with the current situation people usually don't really go out). People also play lots of pranks with water balloons, I got soaked at least twice while I attended high school and got into a few awesome battles with my friends at the tennis club. It's a very cool holiday and we get two days off school and work!
Anyway, the point of all that boring explanation was to show you Isa and Robbie dressed as a princess and a prince!




No comments: